Food Allergy Research & Education is thrilled to announce a new 5-hour workshop with Pete Wright, the nationally known attorney and founder of Wrightslaw.com, the #1 school advocacy website on Sunday June 22, 2014.
Pete has created a workshop for parents of children with food allergies designed to help them learn about their children’s rights to safety and inclusion at school.
In this comprehensive workshop, you will learn:
- How to build healthy working relationships with school personnel
- How to document information that may prevent or resolve disputes
- How to participate as a member of your child’s 504 team
- How to create a plan for safety and inclusion
- When and how to react when the school drops the ball
- The two things you must do when advocating for your child
- Federal laws that protect children with medical issues at school
- How to proceed with due process when issues cannot be resolved
In addition to Pete’s comprehensive training, each participant will receive a hardcopy of Pete’s bestselling book From Emotions to Advocacy as well as a specially prepared CD Rom that contains a wealth of resources including:
- Writing the Due Process Letter or State Complaint – 55 minute video
- Wrightslaw: Special Education Law 2nd edition
- Wrightslaw: From Emotions to Advocacy, 2nd Ed.
- CDC’s Guidelines for Managing Food Allergies at school,
- Additional articles, legal cases and pleadings pertaining to food allergies.