What Every Parent Must Know About Managing Food Allergies at School
On October 30, 2013, the CDC published National Guidelines for Managing Food Allergies in Schools and Early Care and Education Programs.
Gina Clowes, FARE's Director of Education, will review important highlights of these guidelines including:
- Why the CDC recommends restricting allergens from the classroom.
- What are "accommodations" and how does a parent know what to ask for?
- What is a Section 504 plan (or other accommodation plan) and does every child at risk for anaphylaxis need one?
- Why a Food Allergy Action plan is not enough to ensure inclusion.
- What are the Federal laws that protect children with food allergies .
- The CDC's "Recommended Practices" for Safety and Inclusion.